Store

Friday, January 14, 2011

"Yogurt? Yogurt? I hate Yogurt!"

"Even with strawberries, I hate yogurt."  At least that was the opinion of Rick Moranis' character, "Dark Helmet" in Space Balls.  I happen to be a fan of yogurt, another fermented food.  So, instead of using "raspberry" like LoneStar did in the movie, I'm going to use wine jellies to "jam" Dark Helmet's opinion.

The health benefits of yogurt are well documented, so I don't think I need to get into detail on that subject.  My goal is to suggest ways to "jazz" up your yogurt.  To accomplish this task, I am going to use the bottomless pit of useless information stored in my brain.  Well, maybe I don't have to dig too deep, there's enough information bubbling to the surface as my mind ferments!

When you are pushing your shopping cart through the yogurt section of your grocery store, intead of purchasing one of those "flavored" yogurts, pick up some plain yogurt.  After all, jam is the main source of flavoring for most yogurts.  Then select your favorite wine, yes, you can buy some too.  But remember that wine is, as you know, made from grapes...fermented grapes. 

Once you have your favorite wine in mind, in hand too if you so desire, drop the FG a line.  I have plenty of ideas for the uses of wine jellies, ones that go far beyond the simple flavoring of yogurt.  With the Super Bowl Holiday coming, and the coinciding parties, think wine jellies for dips, sauces and condiments to go with chips, wings, cheeses and whatever gets thrown on the grill that day.  To me, the Super Bowl is a Holiday, so let's celebrate!

FG

No comments:

Post a Comment